How big are hurricanes?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How big are hurricanes?|
In the USA the National Weather Service tracks hurricanes coming out of the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. It forecasts the time when they will reach land and the strength of the accompanying wincl.
4 Tornadoes are a regular meteorological event in the southern states of the USA. They cause huge damage in a narrow strip as they pass over the land
The eye of the storm
What would you see inside the centre of a hurricane? If you stood in this area, called the eye of the hurricane, you would be in for a surprise. After the violent winds and torrential rain pass over, the wind suddenly drops. A wall of dark churning clouds, hundreds of meters high, surrounds you.
There are light breezes and the Sun shines brightly. But you don't have long to enjoy this peaceful sunny weather, because as the hurricane continues its destructive path it carries the eye with it. You will soon be enveloped in the storm once again.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 12 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :