How did Britain get drawn into the Second World War?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How did Britain get drawn into the Second World War?|
When the Germans attacked Poland, the Russians also attacked the country and it was divided.The Germans went on to invade Denmark, Norway, Belgium, The Netherlands and France in quick succession. They crushed any resistance with overwhelming armoured forces.
What was the Battle of Britain?
After his triumph in Europe, Hitler planned to invade Britain. First, he had to destroy the Royal Air Force to prevent it from bombing his invasion ships.
The German Luftwaffe, which was considered to be far superior to the RAF, set out to bomb the British airfields and shoot down their aircraft.The Battle of Britain began in July 1940 and continued for nearly four months. The Luftwaffe finally abandoned its attempts to defeat the RAF and the Germans realized that they had not been successful.
The German aircraft had been flying too far from home and ran short of fuel, while the RAF fighters destroyed large numbers of the invading bombers. As a result, the invasion of Britain was abandoned and Hitler soon turned his attention to invading Russia.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :