How did the Spanish build an empire?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How did the Spanish build an empire?|
The Aztecs had been expecting the god Quetzalcoatl to return to the Earth and believed that the leader of the raiders, Cortes, was this god.
The Aztecs offered little resistance, so Cortes captured Montezuma, the Aztec emperor, and ruled in his place.
In Peru, the adventurer Pizarro took advantage of a civil war to conquer the Incas, murdering their rulers. The Incas' primitive weapons were no match for the Spanish guns. Pizarro's men were able to loot gold and other treasures from both these rich regions with little resistance.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :