How do animals make use of magnetic forces?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How do animals make use of magnetic forces?|
Magnetic navigation alone is not enough to account for the amazing ability of these animals to find their way over vast distances. It is thought that they also use other navigation aids, such as the position of the Sun, to help them.
Many animals, such as the albatross, are able to travel enormous distances in order to arrive at a particular destination. Their accurate navigation is helped by the presence of tiny magnetic particles in special organs, acting like a compass.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 13 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :