How do I inherit genes from my parents?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How do I inherit genes from my parents?|
Are there such things as 'bad' genes?
Some genes cause us to inherit a harmful condition. The disease haemophilia is an example of such a 'bad'gene. It is handed down through the male side of the family but the disease is carried on the female, or X, chromosome.
This means that women pass the disease on to their sons, even though they are not affected themselves. Haemophilia will not affect a female unless both parents have the gene, which is a very rare occurrence.
- What could be done to improve the lives of the elderly? (242 visits)
- Yoga Exercise (169 visits)
- Causes of Pain in Left Arm of Women (113 visits)
- Causes of Sharp Breast Pain (102 visits)
- The Remedy Is Worse Than The Disease (75 visits)
- Causes of Hot Flashes in Young Women (74 visits)
- Early Greek and Roman Medicine (59 visits)
- Healthy Life Habits (57 visits)
- Prevention is Better than Cure (53 visits)
- Uterus Thickening (51 visits)
- Plastic Surgery - For or Against It (50 visits)
- Causes and Symptoms of Low Estrogen Levels (47 visits)
- Children Punishment (40 visits)
- What happens when we sleep? (36 visits)
- Bird Flu
Date Added: 23 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :