How do I swallow food?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How do I swallow food?|
You can actually swallow upside down because the food is carried along the digestive system by muscular waves. Astronauts are able to swallow when there is no gravity to help carry the food down their food pipe.
What happens to food in the stomach?
Food in the stomach is churned up with acid and digestive juices that start to break it down. This is the beginning of digestion. The stomach wall is covered with a layer of mucus that stops it from digesting itself. The acid in the stomach helps digestion, and also kills bacteria that have been swallowed with the food.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 21 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :