How was Rome founded?
|Q:||Ask a Question about How was Rome founded?|
The Phoenicians were great rivals of Rome, and they were finally defeated by the Romans in the Punic Wars (264-1 46bc). After this, the Romans were able to extend their empire with little organized resistance.
At its greatest, in the ad 1OOs, the Roman Empire covered half of Europe, much of the Middle East and the north coast of Africa.
Rome was said to have been founded by the twin brothers, Romulus and Remus. The babies were raised by a she-wolf, having been abandoned by their uncle on the banks of the River Tiber. They were eventually rescued by a shepherd.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 03 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :