Quitting smoking and the extra kilos make your life a living hell? Is this myth or reality?
Nutritionists claim that smoking keeps you fit as the nicotine rises the energetic consumption of the body with 6% and diminishes the appetite. Moreover the taste of the food is damaged and you really don't care whether you are eating French fries or a simple soup. For you they are all the same. After you give up smoking the papillas are functioning at their maximum capacity and all of a sudden the food becomes better.
It has been tested that after forgetting about smoking you out on weight, but in a year's time the body adjusts to the new situation and you lose weight. On the other hand there are specialists who claim that smoking makes you out on weight as the toxins
from the smoke get to your blood and slower the metabolism of burning the calories and therefore you have to fight the kilos.
Here is a plan that is meant to help the persons who want to give up this vice:
1. Keep a diary. Write down everything you are eating and the number of calories. This way it will be easy to figure out what makes you fat and eliminate the mistake.
2. Fill in your spare time: your old breaks for smoking should be replaced with activities like watering the flowers, dusting the house, reading a magazine, listening to music or going out with your friends. Feeling like eating something? Grab an apple or an orange.
3. There is the tendency to substitute the cigar with a bar of chocolate, peanuts or chips just to feel you receive a reward for your efforts. Feel like chewing something? A sugar-free gum is the solution.
4. Don't ignore the stairs, forget about elevators, walk, admire the nature and take a deep breath. At weekends go out to the park.
5. Replace the cigars with water or tea. Always have at hand a bottle of water or green tea. When you are hungry simply drink from it.
There are so many ways to help persons who really have the ambition of quitting smoking but who are afraid of the kilos. The best solution is to stick by them and make them see the benefits of their decision and make the rest seem only insignificant "details".
Quitting Smoking Necessarily Means Putting on Weight? written by Herminne Tonita for FamousWhy.com
FamousWhy.com - Famous People ... Famous Regions, a Lot Of Articles and Free Software Downloads
Quitting Smoking Necessarily Means Putting on Weight? Image Source : greatersouthern.com