What are hill forts?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What are hill forts?|
The banks of the hill forts were surrounded by deep ditches, and were probably topped with defensive wooden spikes. The defenders repelled attackers with showers of stones thrown from slingshots. Many regions formerly occupied by the Celts, such as Britain and France, still have the remains of hill forts.
The Celts often constructed their settlements on hilltops, which could be easily defended. They are identified by circular defensive ditches that still survive in former Celtic areas.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 03 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :