What are lasers?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What are lasers?|
The result is that intense light is emitted in a very narrow beam.
Lasers are used to cut metal and other solid materials, and even to burn out skin blemishes such as tattoos in a painless way. In CD players lasers scan a beam of laser light across the CD's silvery surface, reading the tiny changes in light reflected back. They are also used in office printers and scanners.
In engineering, the intense narrow beam of laser light is used to measure and align roads and tunnels.
- Files sharing at a new level: 4shared Desktop (226 visits)
- Yahoo Messenger (154 visits)
- Weather's Influence on People (135 visits)
- Should the Internet be Censored? (126 visits)
- Why do we need to measure time? (119 visits)
- How were calendars developed? (90 visits)
- How does a gyroscope stand up? (77 visits)
- What is an echo? (72 visits)
- What are lasers? (72 visits)
- What is sound? (69 visits)
- What is the Doppler effect? (66 visits)
- How is time calculated? (63 visits)
- What are isotopes? (62 visits)
- What is the sound barrier? (59 visits)
- Where does the Earth's energy come from? (58 visits)
Date Added: 13 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :