What are metals?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What are metals?|
Most metals can be bent and stretched, and they can be mixed to make alloys.
Metals are usually found with other elements in the form of compounds. Bauxite is an ore, or mixture of substances, that contains aluminum, the commonest metal. It makes up about eight percent of the Earth's crust.
Osmium is the heaviest metal, and is twice as heavy as lead. Lithium is the lightest metal. It is half the weight of the same volume of water, so it floats in water.
- Files sharing at a new level: 4shared Desktop (226 visits)
- Yahoo Messenger (154 visits)
- Weather's Influence on People (135 visits)
- Should the Internet be Censored? (126 visits)
- Why do we need to measure time? (119 visits)
- How were calendars developed? (90 visits)
- How does a gyroscope stand up? (77 visits)
- What is an echo? (72 visits)
- What are lasers? (72 visits)
- What is sound? (69 visits)
- What is the Doppler effect? (66 visits)
- How is time calculated? (63 visits)
- What are isotopes? (62 visits)
- What is the sound barrier? (59 visits)
- Where does the Earth's energy come from? (58 visits)
Date Added: 09 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :