What are the effects of deforestation?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What are the effects of deforestation?|
The bare ground becomes eroded because there is little vegetation to slow the run-off of rainwater.
The water strips away the topsoil, dumping it into rivers. The end-result is useless, infertile land that is prone to flash floods. Also, the smoke from burning forests contributes to global air pollution.
Deforestation can have an unforeseen outcome on the ecology of a region, and its effects may be irreversible.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 12 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :