What causes earthquakes?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What causes earthquakes?|
The tension is suddenly released when the plates shift sharply, but these causes an earthquake here are other causes of earthquakes, but they all involve sudden movement of the crust along a fault or crack. The energy released in an earthquake is enormous - as much as 10,000 times the power released by the world's first atomic bomb.
The geological record and fossils show how parts of the Earth's surface that are now widely separated were once locked together in a super-continent. The theory of continental drift explains why animals such as marsupials, for instance, live in both South America and Australia.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 12 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :