What happened in Germany in the immediate postwar years?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What happened in Germany in the immediate postwar years?|
It was widely decided that this situation could not be allowed to continue. The Germans should be able to support themselves again, while avoiding the injustices of the Versailles agreement which caused so much bitterness after World War I.
There was a process of 'denazification' in which former Nazi sympathizers were removed from positions of power. In addition, new government structures were set up in the areas controlled by the Allies.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :