What is a rockslide?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What is a rockslide?|
As the thaw begins the pieces of rock splinter and separate from the bedrock. Loose rock builds up continuously on a mountainside, but usually only small pieces slide down. This loose broken rock is called scree.
A rockslide takes place when the mass of broken pieces of rock slides down the side of a mountain.
This usually happens in very wet weather, when rain lubricates the rock and allows it to slide freely down the mountainside, mixed with a torrent of mud.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 12 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :