What is a tsunami?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What is a tsunami?|
The tsunami of Boxing Day 2004 was caused by a magnitude 9.1 earthquake off the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia. More than 250,000 people died as the wave engulfed the low-lying coastal regions of Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka and even Eastern Africa.
Another destructive wave is called a storm surge, in which giant waves are whipped up by a storm.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 12 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :