What is blood?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What is blood?|
Blood carries the white cells and chemical substances that attack invading bacteria and viruses.
It also helps control body temperature. Red blood cells carry oxygen collected from the lungs to all parts of the body, releasing it where required. White blood cells help protect the body from infection. They can produce disease-fighting substances called antibodies.
What are blood groups?
A blood group is a particular type of blood that may not match with other blood types when given in a blood transfusion. Blood groups differ from person to person. There are four main blood groups: 0, A, B and AB.
These letters refer to chemicals on the surface of red blood cells that are recognized by the body's defences. When a person receives a blood transfusion, the blood groups need to be carefully matched to make sure that they are compatible.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 21 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :