What is the Milky Way?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What is the Milky Way?|
The Earth, and everything else in the Solar System, is part of the Milky Way. It is known as our Galaxy. It is so huge that light takes nearly 100,000 years to travel from one side to another.
Where stars are packed close together the Milky Way is bright, but huge clouds of gas and dust block the light from the other parts of the Galaxy. These clouds prevent astronomers from observing the whole Milky Way.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 09 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :