What was the Reign of Terror?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What was the Reign of Terror?|
This period became known as the Reign of Terror. It lasted for about a year, and during this time around 18,000 people were put to death. The French aristocracy was almost entirely wiped out, together with any political opponents of the regime.
The Reign of Terror finally came to an end when the head of the Committee of Public Safety, Robespierre, was accused of treason.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :