What were ichthyosaurs?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What were ichthyosaurs?|
Ichthyosaur fossils are very common, and there were many different types.
They all had long beaks lined with shark teeth for feeding on fish. The largest types were 10 m long.
Although some other marine reptiles probably laid their eggs on beaches, the streamlined fish-like ichthyosaurs were completely aquatic and gave birth to live young. Unborn babies have been found inside their remains.
One odd feature of the ichthyosaurs is the large ring of bony plates around their eyes.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 19 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :