What were the Olympic Games?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What were the Olympic Games?|
The first games probably began around 1 200bc, but the organized Olympic Games, which featured sports such as running and wrestling, began in 776BC. The games continued until AD393 when the ruling Romans banned them. They were revived during the 1800s after archaeological finds renewed interest in Greece.
The first of the modern Olympic Games were held in 1896 in Athens, Greece.
The modern Olympic games are split into winter and summer events. Since 1994, the Winter and Summer Games have been divided and scheduled on four year cycles, two years apart.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 03 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :