When did fish leave the sea?
|Q:||Ask a Question about When did fish leave the sea?|
The relatives of the coelacanth had leg-like fins reinforced with bones, which allowed them to slither along like a modern crocodile even though they did not walk properly.
They were still fish, however, and had to return to the water to breed. It is thought that these early four-legged animals, known as tetrapods, lived in shallow freshwater pools, like modern lungfish.
They needed to develop lungs in order to breathe when oxygen levels in the stagnant water fell.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 15 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :