Which are the main plants grown as crops?
|Q:||Ask a Question about Which are the main plants grown as crops?|
Root crops such as potatoes are commonly grown in temperate climates, and sweet potatoes, yams and cassava are grown in tropical parts.The seeds of the pea family, known as pulses, include beans, soy beans, chickpeas and lentils.
They are a particularly valuable source of protein, especially in some parts of the world where meat is in short supply and malnutrition may be commonly encountered.
What is the main crop grown on the prairies?
The prairies in Canada and the USA are enormous grassy plains, which were once the home of huge herds of buffalo.
Today the prairies are covered with enormous fields of maize, supplying most of the world's needs for this important food crop. The agriculture here is true factory farming, where the crops are planted, treated and harvested with vast machines and using very little manual labour.
The three main crops grown throughout the world amount to nearly 2,000 million tones every year.The vast amounts grown are more than enough to feed the world's entire population. However, vast stock piles of food go wasted.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 15 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :