Why did England and Spain go to war?
|Q:||Ask a Question about Why did England and Spain go to war?|
The situation was made worse when an English army helped the Dutch, who were fighting against Spanish rule. In 1588 Philip of Spain sent the Spanish Armada to invade England.
The Armada failed, but the war continued until 1604. Meanwhile, Spain's power had declined because of the expense of war and the shortage of gold and silver from the colonies. Spain was also weakened by the expulsion of Moorish descendants who played a key role in Spain's prosperity.
The Spanish came very close to invading and conquering England in 1588. Their Armada was scattered by storms, then harried and destroyed by English ships.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :