Why do I have hair?
|Q:||Ask a Question about Why do I have hair?|
The hair itself is made of a tough material called keratin, and it grows continuously from the follicle. The hair shaft contains pigment that gives the hair its colour. In older people, air may enter the hollow hair shaft, making it look grey.
Why is some hair curly?
Hair is straight or curly depending on the shape of the follicle from which it grows. Straight hair grows from completely round follicles, while wavy hair comes from oval follicles. Very curly hair grows from flattened follicles.
Why do some people go bald?
A substance called testosterone affects hair growth in men. It is responsible for the tough facial beard grown by men. Changes in testosterone levels affect the amount of hair growing on a man's head.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 22 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :