Why do we need to measure time?
|Q:||Ask a Question about Why do we need to measure time?|
When farming had developed, it was important for farmers to understand the seasons in order to plant their crops at the right time.
Long ago, people realized that the movement of the Sun allowed them to recognize the time of day. They also realized that the movement of the Moon was regular and could be used to give measurements of roughly one month.
Modern life is governed much more by time, and we now depend on highly accurate clocks to measure every second of the day.
- Files sharing at a new level: 4shared Desktop (226 visits)
- Yahoo Messenger (154 visits)
- Weather's Influence on People (135 visits)
- Should the Internet be Censored? (126 visits)
- Why do we need to measure time? (119 visits)
- How were calendars developed? (90 visits)
- How does a gyroscope stand up? (77 visits)
- What is an echo? (72 visits)
- What are lasers? (72 visits)
- What is sound? (69 visits)
- What is the Doppler effect? (66 visits)
- How is time calculated? (63 visits)
- What are isotopes? (62 visits)
- What is the sound barrier? (59 visits)
- Where does the Earth's energy come from? (58 visits)
Date Added: 13 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :