Short Biography of Josip Broz Tito
|Q:||Ask a Question about Short Biography of Josip Broz Tito|
As prime minister 1946-1953 and president from 1953, he followed a foreign policy of "positive neutralism".
Born in Croatia, Tito served in the Austrian army during World War I, was captured by the Russians, and fought in the Red Army during die Civil Wars. Returning to Yugoslavia in 1923, he became prominent as a Communist and during World War II as partisan leader against the Nazis.
In 1943 he established a provisional government, and with Soviet help proclaimed the federal republic in 1945. As prime minister, he settled the Yugoslav minorities question on a federal basis, and in 1953 took the newly created post of president (for life from 1974).
In 1948 he was attacked by the Cominform, the international communist information bureau, particularly in the USSR, for his successful system of decentralized profit-sharing workers' coundls, and became the leader of the non-aligned movement.
- Software types (746 visits)
- The NOH8 Campaign (31 visits)
- Scooby Dobie Doo (13 visits)
- Importance of Cosmetics (13 visits)
- Bob Marley - Death (12 visits)
- Dr Scholl's Shoes - Comfortable and Soothe Wearing (10 visits)
- Various Types of Short Stories! (9 visits)
- Dexters Laboratory (7 visits)
- Quotes by Mussolini (7 visits)
- Techniques to Decorate Flip Flops (6 visits)
- Knee High Boots - Women's Love (6 visits)
- Buy Cosmetics Online (6 visits)
- Apprehensions of Globality : A Futural Allegory (5 visits)
- Billy Joel's latest car accident! (5 visits)
Date Added: 03 July '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :