What first led to a revolt against British rule?
|Q:||Ask a Question about What first led to a revolt against British rule?|
They retaliated by banning British imports and then, in 1776, by signing the Declaration of Independence triggering war with Britain. At first the British were successful, but gradually the difficulty of supplying their troops over long distances wore them down.
In 1783, Britain recognized the independence of her former colony. The fighting continued until 1815 when the position of the Canadian border was settled.
Resentment against taxes imposed on the American colonies by Britain finally led to the Declaration of Independence, and in the following war, the Americans finally gained full independence from British rule.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 04 January '12
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :