Which planet is closest to the Sun?
|Q:||Ask a Question about Which planet is closest to the Sun?|
The temperature on the side of the planet facing the Sun is as high as 430°C.The shaded side of Mercury which faces away from the Sun is bitterly cold at -180°C.
Mercury has almost no atmosphere because it has been burned off by the Sun.
The planet consists of bare rock, pitted and scarred by the impact of meteorites. It has extremely steep cliffs that are hundreds of kilometers long. These were formed when the planet cooled from its original molten (liquid) state millions of years ago.
- Why Do People Immigrate to other Countries? (436 visits)
- Why is literature important in our lives? (424 visits)
- Media Has the Greatest Impact on the Young Generation (289 visits)
- The Difference Between a Myth and a Legend (233 visits)
- The benefits and dangers of television (232 visits)
- A Good Teacher is a Strict Teacher (224 visits)
- Children Today Are Given Too Much Freedom (189 visits)
- Travel in the Middle Ages Britain (187 visits)
- Reading Is To the Mind What Exercise Is To the Body (175 visits)
- Should Children Be Allowed to Get Jobs? (158 visits)
- Why is Everyone Different (147 visits)
- The McCarthy Witch Hunts (144 visits)
- Mass Media Have Both Harmful and Beneficial Effects (142 visits)
Date Added: 09 December '11
Add a link to this page on any related website, blog or forum using this code :